bcm63xx: new board HW556
|Reported by:||danitool <dgcbueu@…>||Owned by:||florian|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||Chaos Calmer 15.05|
|Keywords:||bcm63xx HW556 art ath_data ath9k||Cc:|
It's a huawei hg556a.
Details about this router here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/huawei/hg556a
This board has an onboard Atheros AR9223 wifi. The calibration data lives in the flash chip of the board like the WAG160NV2 router and probably other routers.
I've made the patch based on the someone's posted elsewhere. Obviously this patch cannot be merged into the Openwrt trunk (the partitions are slightly hardcoded into the bcm63xx flash driver).
It must be considered just a draft if you want to add support for this router. Btw, with this patch the router works quite fine.
bootlog with openwrt working:
- The board is branded with two different flash-chips (MX29GL128EH and MX29LV128DB). That's because we'll need to choose between two different offsets where the calibration data is located (a conditional is needed based on the chip ID)
- The MX29LV128DB is partitioned wrongly, this is because I needed to hardcode: master->erasesize = 0x20000
Patch made against r29606.
Please comment on any additional suggestions.
Change History (17)
Changed 5 years ago by danitool <dgcbueu@…>
Changed 4 years ago by danitool <dgcbueu@…>
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by swalker
- Owner changed from developers to florian
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by jogo
- Milestone changed from Attitude Adjustment 12.09 to Barrier Breaker (trunk)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed
comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by router7
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened