TD-W8970 full support
|Reported by:||anonymous||Owned by:||developers|
|Priority:||high||Milestone:||Chaos Calmer 15.05|
We have now working OpenWRT on this device, but trunk version still needs some work. I open the ticket for typical problems:
1) Add watchdog busybox applet. It is supported by kernel, and only a little change in config should fix the problem. I don't know if it is needed to enable it in ubusd / hotplug
2) The WiFi led is not working. It should be added to DTS, but I don't know the GPIO pin for it (and don't know how to find it, it is different than on AA)
3) WiFi switch (between RESET and WPS) is not working - no effect.
[ 1.752000] net-xrx200: invalid MAC, using random
I suggest to set it to the constant string 00:11:22:33:44:55, and on the first preinit script you can set it with some shell scripting (ifconfig eth0 hw ether dd if=/dev/mtdblock3 bs=4096 count=1 | grep MACAddr | <some cut and sed work>)
It is not the most elegant way, but the simplest.
5) Solve compilation problems with gcc 4.8 (disable the mips16 flags in DEU, MEI, DSL drivers; and uClibc++ too)
6) Optionally you can remove testmgr from DEU, I don't think it is needed by ANY app.
7) problems with regulation.. max txpower is by default set to 5dBm. The quickfix is to do the reghack (and you have then 20dBm)..