djbdns port + dependencies
|Reported by:||Alexander Tsvyashchenko||Owned by:||developers|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||Barrier Breaker 14.07|
|Keywords:||djbdns, tinydns, ucspi-tcp, daemontools||Cc:|
Here's djbdns + dependencies (ucspi-tcp and daemontools) port for OpenWrt, Kamikadze.
The port is based on respective port by FreeWrt, but with the following changes:
1) Instead of doing hacky host-system based configure checks, as it is done in FreeWrt port, the values of checks are hard-coded to the defaults which seem to be meaningful for most platforms OpenWrt runs on. Besides being IMHO cleaner, this avoids problems when building package on x86-64 systems (where host-based checks return 64-bit native long type, as opposed to 32-bit found on OpenWrt supported hardware).
2) Configuration is not performed by default (i.e., /etc/inittab is not patched): it doesn't seem like the right idea because most likely users of djbdns would like to construct service directory for djbdns manually, as it needs to contain both log files and persistent files (root/data and env/IP) - therefore, the best way seems to be to construct the directory layout user needs dynamically in init script, on /var system by symlinking persistent parts to /etc - which will be inherently specific to user preferences and this also interferes with the approach of putting svcscan in /etc/inittab, as then svcscan starts first, before the service directory is even constructed.
Also users / groups which djbdns relies on are not created automatically - user needs to create them manually.
Just in case, I provide in attach also my init script for convenience - I'm not considering it mature enough to be included by default in package, but probably it still may be useful for somebody as an example.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by thepeople
- Resolution set to obsolete
- Status changed from new to closed
- Version set to Kamikaze trunk