PSPBoot issues with Asus AAM6020 AR7 router
|Reported by:||steven@…||Owned by:||developers|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||Kamikaze 8.09 RC1|
As I now have serial access and the ability to recover I decided to try an OpenWRT 8.08_RC1 firmware on this hardware.
In the past I have been using the firmware's from routertech.org
The router refuses to boot unless I flash the firmware with the TI PCTool software.
The issues I've had are
- No TFTP client or server appears to be present
- Firmware update via FTP often appears to time out
- Different MTD1 value required for the RouterTech firmware compared with OpenWRT
- Attempt to upload OpenWRT firmware with PCTool software doesn't appear to clear the correct amount of flash memory and fails.
- Route tech firmware appears to have 0x90 bytes of extra data at the front that appears to be important.
I tried the following 8.09_RC1 firmwares
Also the following Routertech image
Full recover to a RouterTech firmware is possible via PCTool so I can re-try OpenWRT quite easily.