ddns-scripts not working with zoneedit.com
|Reported by:||jlayton@…||Owned by:||agb|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||Barrier Breaker 14.07|
I've just switched to using ddns-scripts instead of ez-ipupdate and it's not working with zoneedit.com.
There are a couple of problems:
1) The URL in /usr/lib/ddns/services for zoneedit is wrong (bogus http:// embedded in the middle of it). It should be:
2) when shell_get tries to query the server, the server immediately closes the connection (just sends a FIN,ACK). I believe this is because shell_get is just sending linefeed chars for EOL instead of cr-lf.
To work around this, I commented out the code that sets $retrieve_prog to shell_get, and set retrieve_prog to this:
retrieve_prog="/usr/bin/wget -O - ";
The whole reason for using shell_get in the first place seems to be bogus anyway. The wget in busybox is perfectly capable of sending credentials, AFAICT.
Maybe it's best to just remove it?
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by agb
- Owner changed from developers to agb
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by nico
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed