mac address for bridge not set on bridged devices (patch attached)
|Reported by:||Maddes <maddes_trac@…>||Owned by:||nbd|
|Priority:||high||Milestone:||Chaos Calmer 15.05|
|Component:||base system||Version:||Backfire 10.03|
If a mac address is set for the lan bridge, e.g.
then it is only set on the bridge itself and not on the bridged sub-devices
br-lan Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:11:22:33:44:55 lan1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:00:00:00:51:81 lan2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:00:00:00:51:81 lan3 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:00:00:00:51:81 lan4 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:00:00:00:51:81
The attached patch (just 3 lines) also sets the mac address on the
It is tested and used for some weeks on LinkSys WRT350Nv2 by some forum members.
It is also a prerequisite of the mac address fix for the WRT350Nv2.
Set mac address from bridge also on bridged sub-devices.
Signed-off by: Matthias Buecher <mail@…> and Peter van Valderen <p.v.valderen@…>
Change History (30)
comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 4 Changed 6 years ago by nico
- Version changed from Backfire 10.03 RC3 to Backfire 10.03
comment:12 Changed 6 years ago by anonymous
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:13 Changed 6 years ago by maddes
- Owner changed from developers to nbd
- Status changed from reopened to assigned
comment:24 Changed 3 years ago by nbd
- Resolution set to not_a_bug
- Status changed from assigned to closed
comment:25 Changed 2 years ago by jow
- Milestone changed from Backfire 10.03.2 to Chaos Calmer (trunk)