|Reported by:||Sebastian||Owned by:||developers|
Using backfire 10.03 on 2 different Routers (Linksys WRT54GSv1.1 and TP-Link TL-WR1043ND).
Running cable, WAN-IF works with DHCP Client.
I am using dnsmasq as DNS Cache.
I noticed 2 problems,
1st - Sometimes, an URL which is put into FF/IE Browser isn't able to resolve. After Hitting *refresh* DNS is resolved and page is shown.
2nd - Sometimes, an URL which is put into FF/IE Browser isn't able to resolve. Even *refreshing the site does not help. Only way to fix: Reboot Router.
While the browser/ping/nslookup/dig isn't able to resolve, the DNS Server (not dnsmasq) is not receiving a query.
I dicovered, everytime I got a url that is (temporary) not working, the DNS type is a CNAME.