[patch][orion] Update Orion platform to kernel 2.6.35
|Reported by:||maddes||Owned by:||kaloz|
|Keywords:||kernel orion 2.6.35||Cc:|
Got Linux 2.6.35 running on my Linksys WRT350N v2.
Also tried kernel 2.6.36 which unfortunately doesn't boot, so it's only 2.6.35 for now.
There's one big issue left:
Not all packages are build, e.g. all USB packages, although they are selected (319 packages vs. 453 for 2.6.34).
This has to be solved either in the build system or in the platform config.
The kernel grew so much in size, that it doesn't fit into the 1MB mtd partition when compiled with symbols.
Therefore I extended the kernel mtd partition by 128KB (biggest JFFS2 block).
This is very useful when people need readable output on a kernel oops.
Without symbols the kernel still fits into 1MB.
The change consists of two patches:
- Update Orion platform to 2.6.35
- Backport of generic 014 patch from kernel 2.6.36 (added 1.4 AMD/Fujitsu CFI version)
- CONFIG_CMDLINE_FORCE=y can replace 010 platform patch, but I kept it for now.
- Image makefile and patches can easily be set to new kernel mtd sizes by changing a single line.
Change History (12)
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by maddes
- Owner changed from developers to kaloz
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by kaloz
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from assigned to closed