Multiple instances of dnsmasq (multiple DNS servers/forwarders)
|Reported by:||joda||Owned by:||developers|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||Chaos Calmer 15.05|
|Component:||packages||Version:||Backfire 10.03.1 RC4|
The patch changes /etc/init.d/dnsmasq:
- daemon uses pid files instead of killall
- daemon starts multiple "dnsmasq" instances
- instance can be named: config dnsmasq 'hotspot'
- prevent dnsmasq binding conflicts with: option nonwildcard 1
- added option "listen" maps to dnsmasq -a
- allow restricting configs "dhcp, host, ..." to a single instance
- default is to process all configs for all instances
- Restrict to instance with: option dnsmasq_config 'hotspot'
- Currently all dhcp lease reservations for one instance will be blacklisted on all other instances (TODO make this configurable)
might have forgotton some detail - but I guess it's pretty much all.
TODO - fix dhcp_add()'s handling of DNS servers
TODO - think about restructuring option for wan blacklist (without using "option ignore 1" and providing another way to fill resolv.conf files
Change History (21)
Changed 6 years ago by debugger@…
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by jow
- Milestone changed from Backfire 10.03.2 to Chaos Calmer (trunk)